Our Barcelona office is seeking an experienced, creative back-end developer to join our team. This role will be focused on leading the development of the backend of one of our products. It entails the full product cycle: assessing the current platform, devising a plan to either build on top or rebuilding the environment for the next version of the product, building the new version, deployments and maintenance. Furthermore, the role can expand to cover other B-Reel projects in the future.
We are looking for someone who’s a jack-of-all trades when it comes to server-side development platforms but with a focus on Python. The product/project development happens in a team context where the collaboration with the rest of the team is crucial to create outstanding results. If you’re excited to partner with others across various offices and want to disrupt the market with an outstanding product, B-Reel could be an excellent place for you.
- Work with team of Creatives, Producers, and other Developers to build and maintain an exceptional product and projects
- Work in a startup environment and help build and shape not only a new product but also a new unit within B-Reel
- Help team to understand technical opportunities and limitations
- Build and develop the server-side application end of productions
- Solve problems through debugging and troubleshooting
- Learn and enhance an existing code base
- Languages: Python
- Frameworks: Django
- Platforms: Linux
- PaaS: Google App Engine, Heroku
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or closely related)
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience with Python, PHP and/or Java web development in a fast-paced (agile-like) software environment
- Experience working with DBMS and ODBC technologies, such as MySQL, SQL Server, or Oracle
- Strong object oriented design and programming experience, multi-threading, large scale project development
- Expert in analysis and conceptual design
- Proven leadership and architectural skills on large scale backend products
- Experience designing and developing rich service APIs
- Strong debugging principles and perseverance
- Team player with good communication skills who is comfortable collaborating with people from all types of creative/ technical backgrounds
- Proficient in English
- Be creative and curious to learn new technologies and push limits
If you feel like you fit this role, please send your portfolio with resume. Thank you and good luck!