Digital Art Director
Published 2 months ago · Barcelona office
We’re B-Reel — an independent creative agency that operates at the intersection of storytelling, technology and culture. Born in Sweden and with 4 nimble offices in Europe and the US, we’ve organized ourselves around change and forward motion since 1999. We try to live, hire, work and play according to one simple belief: The most interested people make the most interesting things.
In Barcelona, interesting means not being a conventional agency, mixing brand and product innovation, being thinkers and doers simultaneously and far away from the Spanish modus operandi of both clients and agencies. We work in a modern international environment for global clients who dream big, a perfect blend of high-tech companies - like Google or Twitch - and luxury brands - such as Moncler and the LVMH Group.
Art Direction is a central discipline at B-Reel and is core to everything we do. Art Directors create and execute smart, unexpected solutions to our client’s business problems. Art Directors are constantly looking for opportunities to bring innovative ideas to every project.
Our work spans a wide spectrum, from luxury e-comm platforms to campaigns and content production, websites, and innovation projects that can vary from AR experiences to Instagram filters. For that reason, Art Directors must be passionate and knowledgeable about a range of formats, and curious about new technologies, trends, and channels.
This is what we’re looking for:
- Excellent Art Direction and Design skills to create world-class digital products, interactive experiences and concepting campaigns, film and content for a wide variety of international clients.
- Strong conceptual thinker with the ability to kick-off a project with new and interesting concepts and lead the project to final execution, guiding and managing other Designers and external collaborators if needed.
- Ability to produce cutting edge creative and exceptional design work.
- Able to articulate design choices, describe and argue for how design solutions answer the brief and lead client presentations.
- Equally talented with design skills and tech-savviness.
- Strong knowledge of visual/interactive/motion design foundation, tools and trends.
- Sharp eye for detail and highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines as well as presenting to clients.
- Collaborative and open to constructive feedback with an awareness of how and when to defend design choices.
- 6+ years of experience with demonstrated success in creating meaningful digital concepts and designs.
- Experience in Luxury/Fashion brands.
- Experience with content production, from concepting, designing, planning and supporting to direct shootings for stills and videos.
- Excellent English level and high standard presentation skills to clients and other members of the team.
- Experience using visual tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, and familiarity with motion tools that can help bring ideas to life like After Effects.
What we offer:
- An international and positive work environment with the most talented people
- Working for modern brands on a global scale
- Competitive salary
- Private health insurance
- Yearly education allowance for attending workshops, events or conferences
- Finishing earlier on Fridays
- Extra days off on top of vacation days
- B-Reel Nomad. The opportunity for any B-Reel employee to visit and work on local projects from any of our four global offices (Stockholm, Barcelona, New York, Los Angeles) anytime, between 2 weeks to 2 months
- Fantastic office located in Poble Nou, including a terrace with beautiful views of the city. Now WFH due to Covid, but in the short future we aim for a hybrid approach (WFH/WFO) to conciliate personal and professional life
- Healthy snacks, fruits and, on Fridays, “vermut”
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Deadline—August 31st, 2022
We believe in the magic of being interested. In the world; its culture, craft, technology, and above all, its people. Interested in problems great and small, and their unexpected solutions.
In seeing every project as an opportunity to challenge how things have always been done. To create new ways to engage people, use technology, and work
In being stubbornly independent and deliberately lean. 5 nimble offices with one shared culture of curiosity. Designed for change and forward motion.