Published a month ago · Barcelona office
B-Reel Barcelona is looking for a dynamic and creative Art Director to join our expanding team – someone that has a passion for the details and feels comfortable in both design sites and experiences but also films and campaigns.
The role has two focus areas:
- Art Directing and creating mood boards and treatments for Content film and Photo Productions in the Luxury Fashion business.
- Designing world-class digital products and experiences for a wide variety of international clients.
Art Direction is a central discipline at B-Reel and is core to everything we do. Art directors develop and execute smart, unexpected creative solutions to our client’s business problems. Art directors are constantly looking for opportunities to bring innovative ideas to every project.
Our Art direction output spans a wide spectrum from functional applications (like apps and websites, where usability is at the center) to expressive visuals (such as treatments on films and related mediums, where visual impact is the focus). For this reason, it’s important that Art directors are passionate and knowledgeable about a range of formats, and curious about new technologies, trends, channels and experiences.
- Art Direction knowledge as being able to create mood boards and treatments for content productions.
- Able to articulate design choices, describe and argue for how design solutions answer the brief, leading client presentations
- Strong conceptual thinker with the ability to kick off a project with new and interesting concepts and lead the project to final execution.
- Ability to produce cutting edge creative and exceptional design work.
- Visually bring ideas to life by creating digital designs, including typography, composition, interface, logos, icons, etc. for various platforms.
- Equally talented with design skills and tech-savviness.
- Strong knowledge of visual/interactive/motion design foundation, tools and trends.
- Sharp eye for detail and highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines as well as presenting to clients.
- Collaborative and open to constructive feedback with an awareness of how and when to defend design choices.
- At least 5 years of experience with demonstrated success in creating meaningful designs.
- At least 3 years of experience in Content Production for Luxury/Fashion brands.
- Excellent English level and high standard presentation skills to clients and other members of the team.
- Have experience in work with the tools as essential for building mockup and layouts for presentations like Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, Sketch but also familiar with motion tools that can help to bring ideas to life like After effects.
B-Reel is an independent creative agency that operates at the intersection of storytelling, technology and culture. With 5 nimble offices in Europe and the US, we’ve organised ourselves around change and forward motion since 1999 working with clients like Google, Nike, Gorillaz or LVMH. We try to live, hire, work and play according to one simple belief: The most interested people make the most interesting things. We are on an exciting journey as an agency, growing even during the current pandemic times thanks to our fast adapter culture and focus on digital communication and products.
Barcelona is a small, relatively young (7 years) studio in the Group. Right now, we are taking all COVID-19 safety recommendations and we are WFH but our fantastic office is located in Poble Nou district. A formerly industrial area that has become the perfect place for tech innovation businesses and new start-ups.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Deadline—January 29th, 2021
We believe in the magic of being interested. In the world; its culture, craft, technology, and above all, its people. Interested in problems great and small, and their unexpected solutions.
In seeing every project as an opportunity to challenge how things have always been done. To create new ways to engage people, use technology, and work
In being stubbornly independent and deliberately lean. 5 nimble offices with one shared culture of curiosity. Designed for change and forward motion.