Published 2 months ago · Barcelona office
B-Reel Barcelona is looking for a mid/senior Front-End Developer to join our expanding team - someone with broad experience working in high-end campaigns and world-class e-commerce projects.
Our desired candidates should be able to translate complex designs to great code and passion to deliver great user experiences, while always trying to improve the development process using the technology that better suits the project.
You should also be a proactive and collaborative problem solver that can discuss creative technical solutions to design challenges, you should possess an outstanding eye for detail and execution while being an excellent team player eager to learn and mentor others.
Requirements and qualifications:
- 5+ year’s experience working as a front-end developer (Masters degree in CS or engineering preferred)
- Proven experience with any of the following modern frameworks (Next/React, Nuxt/Vue preferred).
- Experience working with transactional services/API’s (eCommerce related experience preferred).
- Experience working with back-end engineering teams to define and implement website features (eCommerce related experience preferred).
- Experience building reusable UX components or libraries.
- Experience with task automation (NPM, Gulp).
- Experience with SASS or other CSS preprocessors.
- Experience with code driven animations & transitions (GSAP or similar).
- Experience with Git working in multi-developer teams and CI/CD.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent English language and communication skills.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating technological process, ideas and executional ability with a mix of commercial and experimental work.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Three.JS, Pixi.JS, Canvas API (big plus).
- Experience with graphics programming or shading languages (WebGL).
- Experience with Web Services like AWS or GCP.
- Server-side development experience (Node.js, PHP, serverless, etc).
B-Reel is an independent creative agency that operates at the intersection of storytelling, technology and culture. With 5 nimble offices in Europe and the US, we’ve organised ourselves around change and forward motion since 1999 working with clients like Google, Nike, Gorillaz or LVMH. We try to live, hire, work and play according to one simple belief: The most interested people make the most interesting things. We are on an exciting journey as an agency, growing even during the current pandemic times thanks to our fast adapter culture and focus on digital communication and products.
Barcelona is a small, relatively young (7 years) studio in the Group. Right now, we are taking all COVID-19 safety recommendations and we are WFH but our fantastic office is located in Poble Nou district. A formerly industrial area that has become the perfect place for tech innovation businesses and new start-ups.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Deadline—February 4th, 2021
We believe in the magic of being interested. In the world; its culture, craft, technology, and above all, its people. Interested in problems great and small, and their unexpected solutions.
In seeing every project as an opportunity to challenge how things have always been done. To create new ways to engage people, use technology, and work
In being stubbornly independent and deliberately lean. 5 nimble offices with one shared culture of curiosity. Designed for change and forward motion.