Executive Creative Director
Published 21 days ago · Los Angeles office
At B-Reel, we believe successful modern brands are both interesting to use and interesting to talk about. Our work across products and communications is grounded in our ever-evolving interest in people, technology, and culture.
B-Reel LA is focused on the design and engineering of digital products. We think holistically about the product we’re creating, and why people would choose to use it.
We are looking for a passionate Executive Creative Director to lead our strategic and creative offering for digital products. This is an opportunity to define and develop our offering and shape and lead our talented team. Our output spans a wide spectrum of platforms encompassing web design, mobile apps, UX/UI design, product development, research, visual design, prototyping, experience design, installations, mixed reality and identity design.
The ECD sets the standard for creative excellence and innovation by both doing and leading. For individual projects, the ECD will integrate clients’ business requirements into product strategies, UX, and creative solutions. A track record in solving complex UX problems and product strategy, and a balanced understanding of strategy, usability, and visual design is a must.
The ECD will also mentor, guide, and provide support for members of the creative team, and be an advocate for needs of this team to the other groups.
The ECD reports to the Global ECD of Products and the local MD.
- Oversee the development of creative; combining strategy, product and brand design, creative content and technology
- Present creative work to the client and nurture good working relationships with them
- Taking part in hiring, mentoring, supervising and guiding creative team members to fulfill their full potential
- Business development including driving new business initiatives to win new, and extend existing client relationships
- Continually explore opportunities to enhance, improve, and expand our portfolio
- Work with studio leadership across geographies and disciplines to establish and evolve creative processes and learn from other offices
- Help to defuse problems and put forward solutions that are in the best interest of the company and employees
- Continually enhance the creative teams knowledge of the design industry and competitive landscape
- Lecturing and writing about design
- 7+ years of experience at an agency, consultancy, startup or similar company
- At least 3 years of experience creating digital products in experience design and product strategy
- Inspiring and proactive leadership
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a desire to help shape the creative team, vision and build opportunities
A few B-Reel perks:
- Five Paid Free Fridays annually (in addition to yearly paid time off)
- All inclusive Health Insurance where B-Reel covers 85%
- Wellness Wednesday every other week, which includes reduced workday and monthly budget for wellness activities
- Yearly Education allowance
- Paid Parental Leave according to Parental Pledge
B-Reel is an independent creative agency that operates at the intersection of storytelling, technology and culture. With 5 nimble offices in Europe and the US, we’ve organized ourselves around change and forward motion since 1999.
We try to live, hire, work and play according to one simple belief: the most interested people make the most interesting things. B-Reel has studios in five cities. Besides Los Angeles we are in New York, Stockholm, Barcelona and Berlin. Our fantastic office is located in DTLA.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Deadline—August 1st, 2020
We believe in the magic of being interested. In the world; its culture, craft, technology, and above all, its people. Interested in problems great and small, and their unexpected solutions.
In seeing every project as an opportunity to challenge how things have always been done. To create new ways to engage people, use technology, and work
In being stubbornly independent and deliberately lean. 5 nimble offices with one shared culture of curiosity. Designed for change and forward motion.