Head of Production (Digital/ Tech)
Published 18 days ago · Los Angeles office
B-Reel LA is looking for an experienced Head of Production to join our team.
B-Reel LA is focused on the design and engineering of digital products. We think holistically about the product we’re creating, and why people would choose to use it. Our output spans a wide spectrum of platforms encompassing web design, mobile apps, UX/UI design, product development, research, visual design, prototyping, experience design, installations, mixed reality and identity design.
As a senior leader in our studio you will report to the MD and oversee and manage multiple teams. You must be a digital delivery expert with proven ability to produce and manage complex productions and build scalable processes.
- Help build, develop and encourage scalable processes, best practices, and proactively identify and clear roadblocks. Evaluate workflows and recommend efficiencies.
- Maintain an overview of resource allocation across all projects and ensure that teams are high functioning, delivering projects on time, and within budget.
- Manage teams and the implementation of processes on all jobs from a top level and serve as an escalation point.
- Develop roles, responsibilities, onboard new team members.
- Identify project scope and write proposals.
- Responsible for Producer reviews and career progression in terms of goals and growth.
- Develop a network of production specialists and vendors to support the various project needs.
- Oversee quality control across all workstreams, ensuring our creative output is delivered to the level of craftsmanship we pride ourselves on and are known to deliver.
- Develop working relationships with clients on a regular basis, ensuring clients' understanding of each project and satisfaction with the production processes.
- Be a skilled, creative and confident presenter and negotiator.
Experience and Must Haves
- 7+ years of project management experience in digital product design and development with a minimum of 2+ years in a Senior Leader / HoP role.
- Expertise in building scopes of work, project plans, burn reports and navigating vendor, partner and contractor agreements.
- Experience with managing other formats such as film and animation from scope to delivery.
- A growth mind-set and inherent desire to push things forward and make them happen.
- A clear passion for technology and storytelling.
A few Perks
- Five Paid Free Fridays annually (in addition to yearly paid time off)
- All inclusive Health Insurance where B-Reel covers 85%
- Wellness Wednesday every other week, which includes reduced workday and monthly budget for wellness activities
- Yearly Education allowance
- Paid Parental Leave according to Parental Pledge
B-Reel is an independent creative agency that operates at the intersection of storytelling, technology and culture. With 5 nimble offices in Europe and the US, we’ve organized ourselves around change and forward motion since 1999.
We try to live, hire, work and play according to one simple belief: the most interested people make the most interesting things. B-Reel has studios in five cities. Besides Los Angeles we are in New York, Stockholm, Barcelona and Berlin. Our fantastic office is located in DTLA.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Deadline—October 27th, 2021
We believe in the magic of being interested. In the world; its culture, craft, technology, and above all, its people. Interested in problems great and small, and their unexpected solutions.
In seeing every project as an opportunity to challenge how things have always been done. To create new ways to engage people, use technology, and work
In being stubbornly independent and deliberately lean. 5 nimble offices with one shared culture of curiosity. Designed for change and forward motion.