Product Management Director - Temp to Perm
Published 16 days ago · Los Angeles office
B-Reel LA is looking for a passionate and experienced Product Management Director to join our team.
B-Reel LA is focused on the design and engineering of digital products. We think holistically about the product we’re creating, and why people would choose to use it. Our output spans a wide spectrum of platforms encompassing web design, mobile apps, UX/UI design, product development, research, visual design, prototyping, experience design, installations, mixed reality and identity design.
Experience in a client facing role managing product design, software and/or digital development, is essential.
As a Product Management Director, you are expected to manage the lifecycle of our relationships with clients, helping shape products and services from concept through to delivery. Part strategist, part project manager and part client partner.
You must be self managing, a great communicator and motivator and have the ability to build strong, resilient relationships with internal teams and external clients. A creative eye, deep understanding of tech and passion for quality are a must.
- Working at least 50% delivering project work for our clients, creating meaningful connections with both potential and existing clients in a wide variety of businesses.
- Identify account growth opportunities and work alongside the strategy and creative teams to develop propositions to extend our work in line with B-Reel’s ambitions.
- Initiates and manages effective relationships with leads on an ongoing basis.
- Run pitches and new business proposals working closely with the Head of Production, MD, CD.
- Manage projects from planning through to delivery. Using an agile approach; develop project scope documents, schedules and product requirement documents.
- Keep existing client relationships healthy and foster strong client engagement. Promote trust and collaboration in our working relationships. Manage scope, client expectations and ensure client satisfaction.
- Identify and manage risks. Throughout a project, foresee potential problems and proactively work towards a solution, bringing in the right people to help solve each issue.
- Manage third party vendors. Gather estimates, negotiate rates, and monitor quality of output for consultants, contractors and product vendors.
- Budget management. Create project budgets, monitor billing activity and track the financial health of projects.
- Actively work to maximize the efficiency; quality and profitability of each project.
- Assess each project’s needs and implement project management tools, methodologies and best practices most suited to the project and client.
- Interface with senior leadership team to drive our client focus across the team.
- At least 7 years of project management experience in digital product design.
- Experience with managing medium-to-large scale digital projects from scope to delivery.
- Detail oriented, Passionate, committed and driven with a desire to learn
- A growth mind-set and inherent desire to push things forward and make them happen.
- A clear passion for technology and storytelling.
- A skilled, creative and confident presenter and negotiator.
- Experience with managing film and motion projects from scope to delivery.
B-Reel is an independent creative agency that operates at the intersection of storytelling, technology and culture. With 5 nimble offices in Europe and the US, we’ve organized ourselves around change and forward motion since 1999.
We try to live, hire, work and play according to one simple belief: the most interested people make the most interesting things. B-Reel has studios in five cities. Besides Los Angeles we are in New York, Stockholm, Barcelona and Berlin. Our fantastic office is located in DTLA.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Deadline—April 4th, 2021
We believe in the magic of being interested. In the world; its culture, craft, technology, and above all, its people. Interested in problems great and small, and their unexpected solutions.
In seeing every project as an opportunity to challenge how things have always been done. To create new ways to engage people, use technology, and work
In being stubbornly independent and deliberately lean. 5 nimble offices with one shared culture of curiosity. Designed for change and forward motion.