Senior Front-End Developer
Published 3 months ago · Los Angeles office
B-Reel LA is looking for an experienced senior front-end developer with an outstanding eye for detail and execution, and an excellent team player eager to learn and mentor others. An ideal candidate should be able to translate complex designs to code, passionate about delivering great user experiences, while always trying to improve the development process using the technology that best suits the project.
You should also be a proactive and collaborative problem solver that can propose creative technical solutions and has strong opinions about tech, frameworks and new technologies.
B-Reel LA is focused on the design and engineering of digital products. We think holistically about the product we’re creating, and why people would choose to use it. Our output spans a wide spectrum of platforms encompassing web design, mobile apps, UX/UI design, product development, research, visual design, prototyping, experience design, installations, mixed reality and identity design.
- Architect, develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance software solutions.
- Manage individual priorities, deadlines and deliverables for projects, along with designers and producers.
- Long-term approach to solutions and consistent effort to minimize technical debt.
- Senior candidates should be comfortable leading projects or other team members and have an outstanding organizational capacity while being able to communicate tasks and decisions to the team, internal stakeholders and clients.
- Experience in vanilla ES2015+ js and modern frameworks (i.e. React/Vue), along with associated build tools
- Understanding of hybrid SSG/SSR frameworks (i.e. Next.js/Nuxt)
- Experience with modern JS / CSS animation techniques for UI based interactions
- Comfortable with headless CMS or other 3rd party API integrations
- Experience with cloud services like AWS, Firebase, Google Cloud, etc
- Understanding of importance of documentation and handovers to additional team members and clients
Nice to have:
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with graphics programming or shading languages (i.e three.js, WebGL).
- Deeper server-side development experience (Node.js, serverless, Python, etc).
- Familiarity with CI/CD operations & configurations
A few perks:
- Five Paid Free Fridays annually (in addition to yearly paid time off)
- All inclusive Health Insurance where B-Reel covers 85%
- Wellness Wednesday every other week, which includes reduced workday and monthly budget for wellness activities
- Yearly Education allowance
- Paid Parental Leave according to Parental Pledge
B-Reel is an independent creative agency that operates at the intersection of storytelling, technology and culture. With 5 nimble offices in Europe and the US, we’ve organized ourselves around change and forward motion since 1999.
We try to live, hire, work and play according to one simple belief: the most interested people make the most interesting things. B-Reel has studios in four cities. Besides Los Angeles we are in New York, Stockholm and Barcelona. Our fantastic office is located in DTLA.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Deadline—August 24th, 2021
We believe in the magic of being interested. In the world; its culture, craft, technology, and above all, its people. Interested in problems great and small, and their unexpected solutions.
In seeing every project as an opportunity to challenge how things have always been done. To create new ways to engage people, use technology, and work
In being stubbornly independent and deliberately lean. 5 nimble offices with one shared culture of curiosity. Designed for change and forward motion.