Published 17 days ago · Barcelona office
B-Reel Barcelona is looking for a Creative Developer to join the team. Our output spans a wide spectrum of the latest emerging platforms encompassing real-time interactive work, the latest web technologies, installations, AR/VR and game-like pieces, native applications and digital products. The profile that we’re seeking has their main expertise preferably in web technologies together with knowledge in real time graphics (WebGL, GLSL, etc..) and creative coding libraries or tools like Unity. Additional knowledge in web/cloud services like Google Firebase or AWS, physical computing or native development is a plus. An openness and curiosity to learn new technologies and an innovative mindset is a must.
We are not looking for specialists that want to focus only on one field but rather a developer that can adapt and learn any platform or technology. Our desired candidates should be collaborative problem solvers that can discuss creative solutions to design challenges, should possess an outstanding eye for detail and execution that can solve problems through debugging and troubleshooting while being excellent team players.
As creative developer, you will be responsible for the development tasks of the project, from the initial prototyping and technical proof-of-concepts to the final production implementation. You will also work very closely to the design team and producers to share and translate technical requirements, while helping creatives to understand technology and how this can be used to enhance the project.
Requirements and qualifications:
- 4+ years experience working as a senior front-end or creative developer in a professional setting.
- Proficient understanding of front end development technologies and the whole web stack.
- Experience with SASS or other CSS preprocessors.
- Experience with Canvas API or other modern Web APIs.
- Experience with graphics programming or shading languages. Including WebGL - Three.js, GLSL and VR/AR.
- Experience with creative coding toolkits or game engines (i.e Unity, Unreal Engine or openFrameworks)
- Experience with Git working in multi-developer teams and CI/CD.
- Familiar with Figma or Sketch or Adobe CC tools.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent English language and communication skills.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating technological prowess, ideas and executional ability with a mix of commercial and experimental work.
Nice to have:
- iOS / Android Development (Objective-C/Swift, Java)
- Strong background on any of the following frameworks: NuxtJS/VueJS (preferred) or NextJS/React or Svelte.
- Experience with OpenCV, openFrameworks or other video processing tools.
- Physical computing experience (i.e. Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Android Things) or real-time sensor manipulation.
- Server-side development experience (Node.js, PHP, serverless, etc)
- Understanding of web/cloud services (Google Compute Platform, AWS, Serverless)
B-Reel is an independent creative agency that operates at the intersection of storytelling, technology and culture. With 5 nimble offices in Europe and the US, we’ve organised ourselves around change and forward motion since 1999 working with clients like Google, Nike, Gorillaz or LVMH. We try to live, hire, work and play according to one simple belief: The most interested people make the most interesting things. We are on an exciting journey as an agency, growing even during the current pandemic times thanks to our fast adapter culture and focus on digital communication and products.
Barcelona is a small, relatively young (7 years) studio in the Group. Right now, we are taking all COVID-19 safety recommendations and we are WFH but our fantastic office is located in Poble Nou district. A formerly industrial area that has become the perfect place for tech innovation businesses and new start-ups.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Deadline—May 1st, 2022
We believe in the magic of being interested. In the world; its culture, craft, technology, and above all, its people. Interested in problems great and small, and their unexpected solutions.
In seeing every project as an opportunity to challenge how things have always been done. To create new ways to engage people, use technology, and work
In being stubbornly independent and deliberately lean. 5 nimble offices with one shared culture of curiosity. Designed for change and forward motion.