Published 9 days ago · Barcelona office
We’re B-Reel — an independent creative agency that operates at the intersection of storytelling, technology and culture. Born in Sweden and with 4 nimble offices in Europe and the US, we’ve organized ourselves around change and forward motion since 1999. We try to live, hire, work and play according to one simple belief: The most interested people make the most interesting things.
In Barcelona, interesting means not being a conventional agency, mixing brand and product innovation, being thinkers and doers simultaneously and far away from the Spanish modus operandi of both clients and agencies. We work in a modern international environment for global clients who dream big, a perfect blend of high-tech companies - like Google or Twitch - and luxury brands - such as Moncler and the LVMH Group.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Brand Director to join our expanding team – someone with an entrepreneurial mindset and a thorough business understanding, from street corners to board rooms.
The role of the Brand Director is to be a leading force in our business, by growing our client relationships, providing thought leadership, and empowering our teams to create world-class work. We are not looking for traditional account people, but individuals who have a point of view on the world and a burning ambition to challenge the status quo. We are on an exciting journey as an agency and want people who are looking to help build something different.
Your role will be:
- Leading our key client relationships and ensuring we are positioned for financial and creative success, as measured by revenue growth, creative recognition and client satisfaction
- Develop healthy relationships with existing clients by promoting trust and collaboration
- Forecast and track client accounts and project metrics, manage client expectations and deliver exceptional client service on a day-to-day basis
- Look for opportunities to extend B-Reel’s influence with existing clients through developing and executing business-driven strategies
- Proactively developing, leading and executing our approach to new clients, leading to new business opportunities
- Development, leadership and mentorship of Brand team
- Provide direction to the internal team in regards to client business priorities, project briefings and presentations, strategic and creative reviews, cost and scope proposals in order to maximize our creative and financial outcome
- Interface with Brand Managers and/or Producers who will be responsible for the day-to-day communication and production of client business
- Demonstrate that we are always thinking ahead for our client’s business, by constantly evaluating our level of B-Reel service and by providing proactive thought leadership on future initiatives
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to the management team in regards to:
- Sustained and meaningful client engagement
- New business opportunities and B-Reel service offering
- Optimizing performance across the B-Reel business and client accounts
What we expect:
- 8+ years of agency experience, preferably within a full-service agency
- Demonstrated success in creating long-term client relationships and business growth with senior brand leadership (CMO, CEO, VPs, Directors of Brand/Marketing, etc.)
- Experience coaching other Brand Directors
- Experience in the luxury market, but preferably working across a variety of categories
- Interested in culture, new technologies and the world around you, entrepreneurial, tenacious, with strong communication skills and fast on your feet
- Excellent English level (French and Spanish are a plus)
What we offer:
- An international and positive work environment with the most talented people
- Working for modern brands on a global scale
- Competitive salary
- Private Health insurance
- Yearly education allowance for attending workshops, events or conferences
- Finishing earlier on Fridays
- Extra days off on top of vacation days
- Fantastic office located in Poble Nou, including a terrace with beautiful views of the city. Now WFH due to covid, but in the future, we aim for a hybrid approach (WFH/WFO) to conciliate personal and professional life
- Healthy snacks, fruits and, on Fridays, “vermut”
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Deadline—November 15th, 2021
We believe in the magic of being interested. In the world; its culture, craft, technology, and above all, its people. Interested in problems great and small, and their unexpected solutions.
In seeing every project as an opportunity to challenge how things have always been done. To create new ways to engage people, use technology, and work
In being stubbornly independent and deliberately lean. 5 nimble offices with one shared culture of curiosity. Designed for change and forward motion.