Creative Director (Digital)
Published a day ago · Los Angeles office
B-Reel Los Angeles is on an ambitious journey to become a globally recognized product design studio in terms of output, perception by clients and potential employees.
Creating work that matters and impacts culture (for the better) is at the core of our strategy. We believe that good work leads to more work and this has been a constant philosophy over the last 20 years. Stubbornly independent and deliberately lean, we have four nimble offices with one shared culture to create the most interesting experiences in the world.
In our Los Angeles office we have been leading some of our most important client relationships, designing and developing digital products, services and experiences for some of the world’s leading brands. Our output includes: product strategy, ideation and prototyping, product development, launches and releases.
More and more top brands are looking to side with the B-Reel ethos - our tech and innovation hunger, our cultural savvy and our commitment to craft across everything we do - and we are looking to grow our team of world-class talent. We’re seeking someone excited to help shape and lead our growing team.
You are a Creative Director with demonstrated excellence in a broad range of digital experience with a visual design background to join our team.
As a design leader, you’ll lead strategy and design for products and brands. You can think conceptually about technology and can deliver on your concepts through product strategy UX and design. At ease in contemporary visual culture, you understand what a brand’s audience will find compelling, and work from there to deliver a coherent and consistent brand experience across multiple channels.
As a senior leader in our studio you will report to the ECD and oversee and manage multiple teams. You will be hands on throughout the process - at B-Reel our creative directors set the bar for excellence by doing.
- Oversee the development of creative; combining strategy, product and brand design, creative content and technology.
- Continually explore opportunities to enhance, improve, and expand our portfolio.
- Present creative work and nurture strong working relationships with clients.
- Enable innovation and demonstrate inventiveness to push our work towards uncharted territories and break new grounds.
- Represent and present B-Reel at industry events and conference.
- Take part in hiring, mentoring and guiding creative team members to fulfill their full potential.
- Continually enhance the creative team's knowledge of the design industry and competitive landscape.
- Work with studio leadership across geographies and disciplines to establish and evolve creative processes and learn from other offices.
Experience and Must Haves
- At least 8+ years experience in digital product design and development with a minimum of 2+ years in a creative leadership role.
- A growth mind-set and inherent desire to push things forward and make them happen.
- Proven ability to generate creative concepts whilst solving complex UX problems and delivering on product strategy.
- A clear passion for technology and storytelling.
A Few Perks
- Five Paid Free Fridays annually (in addition to yearly paid time off)
- All inclusive Health Insurance where B-Reel covers 85%
- Wellness Wednesday every other week, which includes reduced workday and monthly budget for wellness activities
- Yearly Education allowance
- Paid Parental Leave according to Parental Pledge
B-Reel is an independent creative agency that operates at the intersection of storytelling, technology and culture. With 5 nimble offices in Europe and the US, we’ve organized ourselves around change and forward motion since 1999.
We try to live, hire, work and play according to one simple belief: the most interested people make the most interesting things. B-Reel has studios in five cities. Besides Los Angeles we are in New York, Stockholm, Barcelona and Berlin. Our fantastic office is located in DTLA.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Deadline—November 12th, 2021
We believe in the magic of being interested. In the world; its culture, craft, technology, and above all, its people. Interested in problems great and small, and their unexpected solutions.
In seeing every project as an opportunity to challenge how things have always been done. To create new ways to engage people, use technology, and work
In being stubbornly independent and deliberately lean. 5 nimble offices with one shared culture of curiosity. Designed for change and forward motion.