Office Manager (Parental leave)
Published 20 days ago · Barcelona office
We are looking for an outstanding Office Manager (OM) to ensure that the office runs smoothly. The OM works closely with the MD in the office as well as HR and Finance and contributes to have a healthy atmosphere. The OM takes care of all the practical aspects of the office and should give excellent service both to people visiting or calling as well as employees at the office. Possibility to learn and be involved in projects and act as a Production Assistant.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the creative industry, a lot of energy and positive and proactive problem-solving. Since B-Reel is a highly collaborative environment strong communication skills and an inclination towards teamwork are a must. This position is located in our Barcelona office due to a parental leave. The contract will be temporary for 4 months, approximately from August to November 2021.
Please note: Currently, we are following COVID-19 safety recommendations and we are WFH, only using the office sporadically, but most tasks are still relevant.
- Be physically available, answer phone calls and act as a host and welcome visitors entering via the buzzer
- Keeps the offices organized and presentable
- Contribute by organizing events to make the office a happy place: team activities, birthday celebrations, parties, group lunches, Monday Morning breakfast, etc.
- Handles in- and outgoing couriers and mail and forward to the right person
- Ensures that there are adequate office supplies, snacks, beverages, etc and take care of waste recycling
- Handles travel arrangements for staff
- Sets up new hires with equipment, phone, desk, codes, keys and other onboarding tasks
- Manage communication with IT-support and other technical equipment within the office (copier/printer, AC/heating, alarm and phone system)
- Responsible for keys and security
- Help producers on some project related tasks.
- Be responsible for office budget and keeping all costs as low as possible while keeping a good standard and being smart with the arrangements.
- Office finance, take care of all invoices related to the office and coordinate all actions with our financial partners.
- Excellent social skills
- Detail-oriented and very well-organized
- Solid verbal/written communication skills (Spanish & English)
- Ability to work independently and prioritize.
- Manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines
- Understands and respects privacy of employees and the company at all times.
- Basic financial knowledge
B-Reel consistently strives to be one of the best employers in the industry. We offer:
- A fun, casual and positive work environment
- Good snacks
- Nice colleagues
- Revolving control of the office music selection
- The opportunity to work on highly innovative environment and new technologies for some of the most prestigious and cool clients out there
- Learning from other departments of the company
B-Reel is an independent creative agency that operates at the intersection of storytelling, technology and culture. With 5 nimble offices in Europe and the US, we’ve organised ourselves around change and forward motion since 1999 working with clients like Google, Nike, Gorillaz or LVMH. We try to live, hire, work and play according to one simple belief: The most interested people make the most interesting things. We are on an exciting journey as an agency, growing even during the current pandemic times thanks to our fast adapter culture and focus on digital communication and products.
Barcelona is a small, relatively young (7 years) studio in the Group. Right now, we are taking all COVID-19 safety recommendations and we are WFH but our fantastic office is located in Poble Nou district. A formerly industrial area that has become the perfect place for tech innovation businesses and new start-ups.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Deadline—July 22nd, 2021
We believe in the magic of being interested. In the world; its culture, craft, technology, and above all, its people. Interested in problems great and small, and their unexpected solutions.
In seeing every project as an opportunity to challenge how things have always been done. To create new ways to engage people, use technology, and work
In being stubbornly independent and deliberately lean. 5 nimble offices with one shared culture of curiosity. Designed for change and forward motion.