Published 2 months ago · Barcelona office
We’re B-Reel — an independent creative agency that operates at the intersection of storytelling, technology and culture. Born in Sweden and with 4 nimble offices in Europe and the US, we’ve organized ourselves around change and forward motion since 1999. We try to live, hire, work and play according to one simple belief: The most interested people make the most interesting things.
In Barcelona, interesting means not being a conventional agency, mixing brand and product innovation, being thinkers and doers simultaneously and far away from the Spanish modus operandi of both clients and agencies. We work in a modern international environment for global clients who dream big, a perfect blend of high-tech companies - like Google or Twitch - and luxury brands - such as Moncler and the LVMH Group.
We are looking for an experienced Strategy Director to join our expanding team – someone who is a proven leader, to start the Strategy department within the Barcelona office, supported by the local Senior Leadership Team and the global infrastructure, lead by our CSO.
The role of the Strategy Director is to be a leading force in our business, by providing thought leadership, and empowering our teams to create world-class work, from brand stories to digital ecosystems. Growing our relationships and presence through results-driven solutions, based on research, data analysis and insights.
We are not looking for traditional strategy people, but individuals who have a point of view on the world and a burning ambition to challenge the status quo. We are on an exciting journey as an agency and want people who are looking to help build something different.
- Proven leader in designing and developing innovative, effective digital products, platforms and services, with a strong POV on what’s needed to build modern digital ecosystems that people want to engage with.
- Forward-looking and always in search of opportunities to elevate our client’s digital ecosystem; our processes; capabilities, and how we deliver across projects as the primary advocate for strategy within the Barcelona office.
- Entrepreneur who is able to actively seek-out and grow new business opportunities, while also building valuable relationships and trust with clients that translates into positive business outcomes for all.
- Active participant in technology and culture with a deep understanding of the latest and greatest, and what we need to beat.
- Who thrives working in open, fluid, interdisciplinary collaborative environments, and values strong relationships with internal and external partners.
Your role will be
- Strategizing, concepting, defining best-in-class multi-context platforms; products, experiences and content, grounded in research and insight.
- Collaborate closely with creative and tech teams in order to define strategy for a given client engagement
- Own overall implementation strategy from requirements gathering through production
- Develop research plans, conduct research, and analyze results
- Lead client presentations and be able to generate business opportunities based on research and insights.
- Supporting the development of thought leadership, IP, and experiments that support and grow our commitment to innovation.
What we expect
- Track record of building successful, complex digital systems: products, interactive experiences and content.
- Domain knowledge in fashion, luxury & commerce platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive, productive relationships with client leads, and creative partners.
- ≈8+ years of relevant full-time experience.
What we offer
- An international and positive work environment with the most talented people
- Working for modern brands on a global scale
- Competitive salary
- Private Health insurance
- Yearly education allowance for attending workshops, events or conferences
- Finishing earlier on Fridays
- Extra days off on top of vacation days
- Fantastic office located in Poble Nou, including a terrace with beautiful views of the city. Now WFH due to covid, but in the future, we aim for a hybrid approach (WFH/WFO) to conciliate personal and professional life
- Healthy snacks, fruits and, on Fridays, “vermut”
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Deadline—July 31st, 2022
We believe in the magic of being interested. In the world; its culture, craft, technology, and above all, its people. Interested in problems great and small, and their unexpected solutions.
In seeing every project as an opportunity to challenge how things have always been done. To create new ways to engage people, use technology, and work
In being stubbornly independent and deliberately lean. 5 nimble offices with one shared culture of curiosity. Designed for change and forward motion.