Published 2 months ago · Barcelona office
We’re B-Reel — an independent creative agency that operates at the intersection of storytelling, technology and culture. Born in Sweden and with 4 nimble offices in Europe and the US, we’ve organized ourselves around change and forward motion since 1999. We try to live, hire, work and play according to one simple belief: The most interested people make the most interesting things.
In Barcelona, interesting means not being a conventional agency, mixing brand and product innovation, being thinkers and doers simultaneously and far away from the Spanish modus operandi of both clients and agencies. We work in a modern international environment for global clients who dream big, a perfect blend of high-tech companies - like Google or Twitch - and luxury brands - such as Moncler and the LVMH Group.
We are looking for a creative and experienced Technology Director to join our expanding team – a proud nerd with passion for tech innovation and a leader with people skills. Someone with an instinctive and profound understanding of technology and a pragmatic hands-on approach to problem solving. Someone who strives to deliver tech excellence using the best solutions and inspires the team to indulge in new creative uses of technology.
The role of the Technology Director is to be a leading force in our business, by providing tech strategy to our clients and empowering our teams to create innovative world-class work. We are on an exciting journey as an agency and want people who are looking to help build something different.
Your role will be
Provide hands-on senior-level leadership on Digital Products and Experiences
- Lead technical strategy, development, execution and innovation across projects ensuring that robust plans are in place
- Interpret client business requirements to make architectural plans and decisions.
- Acting as a multiplier by building systems, authoring tools, or introducing policies or patterns that raise the level of productivity of the entire company
- Ensure technical documentation is completed for all projects and guide other members of the team in continuing this practice
- Design and build the technical capabilities within the office with an eye on the future
- Leading and coaching the technology team assisting with mentorship and career development to help meet department goals
- Inspire B-Reel to be on the forefront of the latest tech trends and creative uses of technology
- Nurture a culture of experimentation.
- Spokesperson for B-Reel at Industry events and with clients.
What we expect
- 10+ years of experience in a creative agency or similar, including industry recognitions (i.e. FWA)
- Demonstrated success in creating both long-term digital products and short-term innovative experiences
- Experience managing teams and coaching Developers
- Interested in culture, new technologies and the world around you, entrepreneurial, tenacious, with strong communication skills and fast on your feet
- Ability to quickly analyze business requirements to determine and assess feasibility providing quick ballparks and accurate project estimates, clearly defining the scope and underlying assumptions.
- Excellent time management, problem solving and teamwork skills
- Proven ability to manage large scale technology projects successfully
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and keen interest in following emerging technologies
- Excellent English level (Spanish is a plus)
What we expect (Tech)
- Expert-level knowledge of object-oriented design concepts and design patterns
- Proficient understanding of web technologies and modern frameworks like React (NextJS) or Vue (NuxtJS)
- Experience with cloud services (i.e. AWS, Firebase or Google Cloud) and server-side development experience (Node.js, PHP, serverless, ...)
- Experience with graphics programming or shading languages (OpenGL, WebGL, GLSL) and VR or AR.
- Experience with other programming languages: C++, Java, etc.
- Experience with creative coding toolkits or game engines (i.e Unity, Unreal Engine or openFrameworks)
- iOS / Android Development experience.
- Interactive Installation or Physical computing experience.
What we offer
- An international and positive work environment with the most talented people
- Working for modern brands on a global scale
- Competitive salary
- Private Health insurance
- Yearly education allowance for attending workshops, events or conferences
- Finishing earlier on Fridays
- Extra days off on top of vacation days
- Fantastic office located in Poble Nou, including a terrace with beautiful views of the city. Now WFH due to covid, but in the future, we aim for a hybrid approach (WFH/WFO) to conciliate personal and professional life
- Healthy snacks, fruits and, on Fridays, “vermut”
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Deadline—December 15th, 2021
We believe in the magic of being interested. In the world; its culture, craft, technology, and above all, its people. Interested in problems great and small, and their unexpected solutions.
In seeing every project as an opportunity to challenge how things have always been done. To create new ways to engage people, use technology, and work
In being stubbornly independent and deliberately lean. 5 nimble offices with one shared culture of curiosity. Designed for change and forward motion.